- Jet2.com and Jet2holidays celebrate 5 years at East Midlands Airport with launch of NEW DESTINATION – TUNISIA – PLUS BIGGEST EVER FREE FLIGHTS GIVEAWAY
- 35 fantastic sun, city and ski destinations now available
- Plus 300 seats given away to lucky people in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays certainly painted the towns of Derby, Leicester and Nottingham red today to celebrate FIVE fantastic years of flying at East Midlands Airport – launching brand NEW sun destination, Tunisia, plus treating lucky local people to their biggest ever free flights giveaway!
Commercial Director, Steve Lee, joined Jet2.com and Jet2holidays very own beauty queen, Shaniece Nesbitt, in leading an extra special red ‘Flights Flashmob’ – who stormed the streets handing out a whopping 300 free tickets, celebrating the 35 destinations now available from the region including favourite routes Alicante, Malaga, Faro and Tenerife.
It has certainly been a successful five years for the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist at East Midlands Airport. Since launch they have:
- Grown their range of city, sun and ski destinations from 7 to 35.
- This year alone announced three NEW routes for summer 2015 – Antalya and Malta in addition to Tunisia.
- Increased the number of dedicated aircraft from 1 to 5.
- Flown over 2 million Jet2.com passengers and taken more than 100,000 local people away on a great value Jet2holidays package breaks.
- Expanded the number of local employees to 250.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “What better way to be celebrating our fifth year of flying from East Midlands Airport than by treating our loyal customers to another sizzling sunshine hotspot, Tunisia, in addition to our fantastic free flights giveaway – it’s certainly been a great day surprising people!
“Since our first flight took off we’ve not only increased our range and frequency of routes but we have also continued to invest in the region by introducing additional aircraft and creating in excess of 250 jobs for local people.
“Our fantastic range of destinations give people unrivalled choice and flexibility when it comes to planning their next well earned break. With the addition of our three new destinations for summer 2015 plus being the only operator to now offer direct flights and holidays to Budapest, Dubrovnik and Prague, we have now firmly cemented our position as the leading leisure operator at East Midlands Airport.”
Ken O'Toole, Chief Commercial Officer, M.A.G added: "It's great news that to celebrate five years, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have launched yet another new route from East Midlands Airport. They have been incredibly popular here in the past five years and they have gone from strength to strength."
“Their continued commitment to the passengers and the region, in which we operate, is something that we value and we are pleased to have a strong relationship, which has developed into a long standing partnership. We are very pleased to have been part of their continued growth and we wish them great success for the future.”