18th February 2011
Helping holidaymakers' money go even further, myJet2 the popular loyalty programme of Jet2.com is celebrating its 2nd anniversary, having allowed more than 14,700 customers to fly for free in the last six months alone – making trips that are the equivalent of flying right round the world a whopping 689 times.
With most people feeling the pinch this year, anything that helps make travel and holiday plans cheaper is likely to be popular, so the North'sleisure airline with friendly low fares, Jet2.com, is reminding its 330,000 existing myJet2 members not to forget their previously accrued loyalty rewards and to put them to good use when planning their 2011 getaways.
More than 14,700 bookings have been made in the last six months using myJet2 loyalty points, with the most popular flight destinations for the redemption of points being Malaga, Murcia, Palma and Alicante.
Philip Meeson, boss at Jet2.com, said: "Times are hard and every penny counts. That is why we are urging customers to remember to sign up to receive the points, and to use the points they have already accrued on one of our exciting city, sun or ski routes. We want to reward our fantastic customers for their continued loyalty.
"We are finding that most people seem to use their points to treat themselves to an extra getaway or short break – when they can get the flights for free it makes hopping over to Europe a cost-effective way to use up spare holiday days or spend a long weekend. In addition, if people have a holiday home or for ex-pats who make frequent visits back to the UK, they can quickly build up a bank of points which can help them make that extra trip they may have worried they couldn't afford."
Registered customers collect one myJet2 point for every £1 spent on all Jet.com bookings and pre-booked extras, such as an in-flight meals, entertainment or extra leg room. Breaks booked through Jet2holidays receive 400 points per booking. Members can even claim the points on holidays booked on behalf of family or friends. These can then be redeemed against future trips - starting at just 600 points for a flight to top destinations such as Budapest, Majorca, Malaga or Rome. Members also receive exclusive special offers and advanced notice on any flight deals or promotions.
To celebrate its second birthday, myJet2 is offering customers the chance to bag some extra points to help them getaway for less this year*. Until 28 February 2011, customers registered with myJet2 who quote the promotional code MYJET2H550 when booking a Jet2holidays package will receive 550 points - an extra 150 points than usual. In addition, customers who book a Jet2holidays break to an Iberostar resort before the end of the month and quote promotional code MYJET2H600 will receive 600 points – enough for an automatic free flight.
For more information about myJet2, or to register to receive points on your next booking, log on to www.jet2.com/myjet2 or to book a flight or holiday go to www.jet2.com or www.jet2holidays.com
- 330,000 – the current number of myJet2 members.
- 14,703– the number of flights taken using myJet2 points in the last six months.
- 689 – the equivalent number of times people have travelled round the world in the last six months on free myJet2 flights.
- £1 – the amount spent at Jet2.com to earn one myJet2 point.
- 400 – the number of points earned from booking a Jet2holidays package.
- 600 – the number of myJet2 points needed to get a free flight to 32 top ‘Zone 1' destinations, including Alicante, Venice, Ibiza and Prague.
- 1,200 – the number of myJet2 points needed to get a free flight to get to 15 far flung ‘Zone 2' destinations including Cyprus, Turkey, Egypt and the Canary Islands.
- 550 – the number of points received for booking a Jet2holidays break before 28th February 2011.
February 18, 2011 at 10:59
Tagged with myJet2