With tightening belts in the current climate, school trips abroad have decreased over the years with schools choosing local attractions to help educate their pupils. However Jet2.com believe that trips abroad are an integral part to education where future generations can discover the delights of the Louvre in Paris, relive Anne Frank's plight in Amsterdam or practice their German in Düsseldorf.
The launch was held on Friday 21st November at a flight simulator in Arkendale (www.realsimulation.co.uk) with pupils from Prince Henry's Grammar School in Otley who got a taste of the high life flying a commercial jet! These lucky pupils will now report back to their classes and enter the competition for their chance to win the school trip of a lifetime! And so could your school!
To enter all you have to do is tell us why you should win in 250 words! Here is the info...
- The competition is open to all secondary schools in Yorkshire.
- A letter has been sent to all schools but if your school has not received one or you would like some more, just email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The prize is for free European return flights for an entire class (up to 38 people).
- The deadline for entries is 28th February 2009.
- The winning class will be decided by a judging panel made up of Jet2.com and Education Leeds representatives and announced in March 2009.
Email email@example.com for more information and an application form.