Leading low fare airline, Jet2.com, has today (23rd September) announced the launch of two brand new routes direct from Edinburgh Airport for summer 2010 to the stunning holiday hot spots of Dubrovnik and Faro.
Jet2.com will be the only airline to offer a direct scheduled service to Dubrovnik in Croatia from Edinburgh for next summer with fares for the weekly service starting from £49.99 per person one way including taxes. Flights depart from 2nd May 2010.
The new service from Edinburgh to Faro in Portugal will offer passengers flights at a time that suits them with an increased frequency of service (three times weekly) and the best possible friendly flight times. Flights to Faro are on sale now and start from £34.99 one way including taxes with flights departing from 20th May 2010.
Philip Meeson, boss of Jet2.com, said:
Dubrovnik and Faro are extremely popular holiday destinations and we are confident that these new routes are going to be hugely successful additions to our services from Edinburgh.
To read the full article click here
We are committed to offering our passengers routes into brand new resorts, not currently served by other airlines at our bases. We will be the only operator to offer scheduled services to Dubrovnik next summer and will offer an enhanced service into Faro flying three times a week at friendly flight times.”
Our summer schedule for 2010 has a fantastic choice of holiday hot spots at great fares offering something for everyone.
Gordon Dewar, Managing Director of Edinburgh Airport, said:
"Jet2.coms continued growth from Edinburgh Airport is further good news for passengers and we are sure these new routes will prove popular with Scottish holidaymakers. Despite the recession, the capital continues to attract new business and leisure destinations and this latest round of expansion from Jet2.com, now one of our biggest airlines in terms of destinations served, underlines the airline's continued confidence in Edinburgh Airport. With a major investment programme now underway, Edinburgh Airport is well placed to emerge from the recession stronger than ever."
Located in the far south of Croatia, Dubrovnik is often referred to as the new Riviera. With beautiful beaches, chic bars, boutique hotels and restaurants, alongside many UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the picturesque city offers something for all types of holidaymakers.
"Providing easy access into Portugals Algarve, Faro is the perfect holiday destination for families and couples alike. With some of the cleanest beaches in Europe, a lively nightlife and cafe culture and plenty of activities for families, the Algarve also offers a number of historical sites to explore."
Route and starting fares for summer 2010 include:
- Dubrovnik (starting 2nd May 2010) from £49.99 one way including taxes
- Faro (starting 20th May 2010) from £34.99 one way including taxes
- Ibiza (starting 27th May 2010) from £34.99 one way including taxes
- La Rochelle (starting 29th May 2010) from £34.99 one way including taxes
- Menorca (starting 28th May 2010) from £39.99 one way including taxes
- Murcia (starting 3rd April 2010) from £34.99 one way including taxes
- Sardinia (starting 15th May 2010) from £34.99 one way including taxes
- Prague (starting 28th March 2010) from £29.99 one way including taxes
- Toulouse (starting 29th May 2010) from £34.99 one way including taxes
- Venice (starting 24th April 2010) from £34.99 one way including taxes
To book flights from Edinburgh for summer 2010 click here