Bag a bargain break to the new snow on the slopes with Jet2.com.
For those looking to bag a bargain ski break to make the most of the fresh snowfall across the Alps, it's not too late to take advantage of great value flights from Jet2.com, the North's leading leisure airline with friendly low fares.
Jet2.com start at just £14.99 one way including taxes, meaning a last minute getaway to the slopes doesn't need to break the bank.
If you need an excuse to get booking, Jet2.com has researched some of the exciting events still to happen on the slopes this season – and it's not too late to take part!
- Natives Skier/Boarder X Challenge, Tignes, 2 March – The final stage of a three-part Ski/ Snowboard Cross series, takes place in Tignes with time trials and a series of head-to-head challenges to decide the winners. It will be followed by the Natives Show Love Tour, which travels across the mountains throughout the season, setting up parties and fun races. Fly with Jet2.com to Chambery from East Midlands, Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford, Newcastle and Manchester from just £14.99 one way including taxes.
- Derby de la Meije, La Grave-La Meije, 30 March to 1 April – This challenging three-day off-piste event culminates with a final race to descend from the Lauze summit as quickly – but safely – as possible! The event, which aims to raise awareness of how to ski off piste, includes a music festival and is open to all to enjoy. Fly with Jet2.com to Chambery from East Midlands, Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford, Newcastle and Manchester from just £14.99 one way including taxes.
- ‘Wild Concerts' music festival, Porte du Soleil, 2 to 9 April - The inaugural Festival des Concerts Sauvages (Wild Concerts Festival) will perform 10 acoustic gigs across ski resorts and wild mountain locations. Fans will be alerted by text message just minutes before the start of the gigs, and will have to get on their skis to reach the unique sets. Fly with Jet2.com to Geneva from East Midlands, Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford, Newcastle, Belfast and Manchester, from just £14.99 one way including taxes.
- Volvo Snowbombing and the Altitude Comedy Festival, Mayrhofen, 4-9 April – A week-long festival full of bands, world class DJs, comedy and fun. The event includes the Altitude Comedy Festival, with hilarious stand-up comedy from performers including Rufus Hound, Marcus Brickstocke and Andrew Maxwell. In terms of music, this year acts such as The Prodigy, Fat Boy Slim and Pendulum take to the stages to create this epic event with incredible atmosphere! Fly with Jet2.com to Salzburg from Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford and Manchester, from just £39.99 one way including taxes.
- Ski Club Dual Slalom, Val Claret, near Chamonix, 6 April - Teams of four race down the parallel slalom course in a series of knock out rounds. Anyone can enter and range from those ‘in it to win it', to people taking part in fancy dress! Fly with Jet2.com to Chambery from East Midlands, Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford, Newcastle and Manchester from just £14.99 one way including taxes.
Philip Meeson, boss at Jet2.com, commented: "With fresh snow having fallen and more due to land in the next few days, now is the perfect time to book a break to one of Europe's top ski resorts. Jet2.com's friendly flight times are carefully scheduled to get passengers to the slopes on the day they arrive. This year we're providing even more weekend and peak period flights to cater to demand, so everyone can have a chance of hitting the piste – we've found many people are going numerous times throughout the season to get their fix!
"With Jet2.com offering a generous 22kg baggage allowance as standard there is plenty of room for bulky ski gear, along with an additional 20kg allowance for ski or snowboard equipment. We can also help passengers with extras such as hiring cars to get them to their final destination at www.jet2cars.com."
Ideal for skiers and snowboarders of all abilities, Jet2.com offers a direct route to some of Europe's leading winter ski destinations with flights to Chambery, Geneva and Salzburg from Leeds Bradford, Manchester and Edinburgh; Chambery and Geneva from East Midlands and Newcastle; and Geneva from Belfast International Airport. Chambery is the gateway to some of the best winter holiday destinations in France including Tignes, Val d'Isere and Meribel. Geneva is the perfect location for access to some of the top resorts in the Swiss and French Alps including Morzine, Avoriaz, Chamonix, Verbier and the Italian resort of Courmayeur, at the base of the breathtaking Mont Blanc. Salzburg is ideal for the snow-capped peaks of Austria, with 130 resorts within a three-hour drive or using the convenient rail network.
Jet2.com recently launched a new microsite www.Jet2.com/ski to help ski and snowboarders research every element of their trip. Information includes detailed resort information such as slope difficulty, downloadable piste maps and drive times from the airport, as well as weather reports and live ‘snow cams'. The site will also include the ability to search by type of resort in a ‘Best For...' section, to help holidaymakers find the right location for them.
Book now at www.Jet2.com