Ultimate festive shopping weekends on sale now
3-star hotel breaks from £599 per person, flights from £389.98 return
Package holiday specialist Jet2holidays, is giving people of the north the opportunity to fly direct from their local airport to New York for a Christmas shopping break.
Packages with Jet2holidays include return flights and three-star hotel accommodation for the purse friendly price of £599 per person! The trips can also be booked as flight-only from £389.98 per person including taxes for a return flight. New for this winter Jet2holidays and Jet2.com have added Glasgow and East Midlands New York services to the successful services operated from Newcastle in 2010 and Leeds Bradford in 2008 and 2010.
Whether the attraction is shopping in Saks, ice skating at the Rockefeller Centre or sipping an authentic Manhattan cocktail people can make their Christmas in New York dream a reality with Jet2holidays and Jet2.com.
Departures will leave from East Midlands, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford and Newcastle Airport to New York’s Newark Airport as follows:
East Midlands and Glasgow: 17th November returning 21st November
Leeds Bradford and Newcastle: 1st December returning 5th December, And 8th December returning 12th December.
Philip Meeson, boss of Jet2holidays and Jet2.com, said: “Following the overwhelming success of our Christmas shopping trips in 2010, which sold out in record time, we are thrilled to be able to offer them again this year. Nobody does Christmas quite like the Big Apple and visiting the city that never sleeps this festive season is an affordable reality with Jet2holidays and Jet2.com. We’re also being completely upfront with customers when it comes to booking flights, so the price they see initially is the price they pay with no hidden charges.
“Whether you’re looking to buy ‘the’ toy of the season from FAO Schwarz, see a show on Broadway, or simply check out some of the world famous festive window displays I’d urge New York lovers to book their flights and holiday packages now – if demand is anything like last year, breaks are set to go faster than you can shout ‘Taxi’!”
Jet2holidays and Jet2.com flights and include 10kg hand baggage. Hold baggage can be purchased separately at £19.99 each way for a generous 22kg allowance, in-flight entertainment for £15.00 each way and extra leg-room seats can be selected in advance for £24.99 each way. In addition, passengers will all enjoy allocated seating on Jet2.com’s ergonomically designed seats which make the flight experience even more comfortable and relaxing.
Top reasons to shop in NYC:
Big Apple Bargains
- Shopaholics can get their fix with 3,492 clothing and fashion stores and 44 shopping malls.
- You won’t go hungry...there are 4,000 street food vendors, including hot dog stands.
- Join the 12.5 million people who see a Broadway show each year. Choose from 40 theatres, with new shows for 2011 including Catch Me if You Can, the musical adaption of the film starring Leonardo
- Di Caprio, and if your other half needs a reward for a hard day shopping take them to see the much talked about Spider-man.
- An iPad 2 costs £302.64 ($499) in New York City compared to £399 ($657) in the UK – a saving of almost £100.
- Ugg boots start at £72.79 ($120) in New York City, compared to £140 ($230.89) in the UK – a saving of nearly 50% (£67.21).
- The iconic silver Heart Lock bracelet from Tiffany & Co costs £287 ($475) in New York, compared to £375 ($623) in the UK – a saving of £88.
- Foundation from the MAC make-up brand starts at £17.89 ($29.50) in New York City, compared to £22.50 ($37.11) in the UK – a saving of 21%.
To book holidays visit www.Jet2holidays.com and to book flights visit www.Jet2.com