Check out our top recommendations for things to do in this charming region of Italy:
- Why not visit in August and experience some of the summer festivals including the Cream Puff Village Festival (Sagra del Bignè) for some tasty, cakey delicacies?
- On the 14th August in Santa Maria a Monte check out the dream-like atmosphere of the illuminated night procession during the Fest of the Assumption.
- Go hunting for white truffles in Santa Miniato or relax in one of the fantastic local restaurants and sample them without all the effort.
- From the town of Castelfranco di Sotto visit the wonderful nature reserve of Monfalcone, which is home to deer, wild boar and many other animals.
- If you love jazz, visit in July to sample musicians playing under the San Matteo Tower, during Montopoli Jazz.
- The area is famous for its leather goods, so why not visit the heart of this industry in Santa Croce sull’Arno. Visit the Tannig Museum and splash out on some leather goods in the local outlet stores.
Not convinced? Then why not check out our special offers, whether its a cooking course in a traditional farmhouse hotel or a guided tour of the area covering Pisa and Florence, we have some great offers for you exclusive to Jet2.com customers, click here for details!