- Do you speak English? - ¿Habla usted ingles?
- I don't speak Spanish - No hablo espanol
- Where is...? - ¿Donde esta...?
- The train station - la estacion de ferrocarril
- The bus station - la estacion de autobuses
- The nearest restaurant - el restaurante más cercano
- The nearest bar - el bar más cercano
- The nearest hotel - (es) el hotel más cercano
- The bathroom - el baño
- One beer please - Una cerveza, por favor
- A glass of wine please - Un vaso de vino, por favor
- Medical assistance - asistencia médica
Regions of Spain:
Spain is a large country and often knowing exactly where to visit whilst on holiday can be overwhelming. Spain is made up of 17 administrative regions which includes 15 regions on the mainland.
Spain is hugely popular with holiday makers looking for a sunny beach holiday and with cheap flights to Spain through Jet2.com, flights are available to book to the warm southern part of the country. The northern region of Spain is greener with unspoiled areas which attract holiday makers looking for adventure holidays coupled with the fantastic warm Spanish climate. Jet2.com also offers cheap flights to Spain for access to the northern region of the country.
Find more information about where Jet2.com fly to in Spain in the Cheap flights to Spain Guide
Driving Around Spain:
If you are planning on hiring a car to explore as much of Spain as possible whilst on holiday, remember to drive on the right hand side of the road and it is a legal requirement that you have the following documents and essentials with you at all times:
- Current Driving License
- Two red warning triangles that are EU approved
- Reflective jackets which must be visible from outside the vehicle at all times
- Spare bulbs for the lights on the vehicle as well as any necessary tools to fit the bulbs
- A spare pair of prescription glasses should you need to wear any for driving
- EU valid number plate and a sticker to display your country of origin which should be stuck to the rear side of the car
- Vehicle documents
- Valid insurance
It is considered an offence not to have these items in or on the car whilst driving around Spain and could result in an on the spot fine if the driver is asked to produce any item mentioned.
Other Methods of Transport When Travelling Around Spain
Travelling around Spain by train is a fantastic way to see all the different regions, cities and beautiful Spanish countryside. Spain's fast and modern rail operator is RENFE which will take you along the intercity routes. For a more adventurous journey through northern Spain, take a ride along the narrow routes on a FEVE train. The kids will love the adventure whilst you can sit back and put your feet up whilst taking in the beautiful Spanish scenery.
Spain also has restored steam trains as well as the Limon Express operator which will take you on a journey along the beautiful coastline of Spain.
Spain also has the equivalent of the London underground in some of the major cities. The metro is the hassle free way to travel around and avoid the congested roads during busy times.
Spain has many bus companies which provide cheap, comfortable travel through the country. It is recommended that if waiting for a bus in Spain, do not expect it to stop for you. Consider jumping up and down whilst waving your arms to ensure the driver knows you want him to stop.
Spain is truly a fantastic holiday destination and with cheap flights to Spain available to book online with Jet2.com from UK airports, it has never been easier to spend some time in this beautiful country.