Our approach to privacy
1. At Jet2.com Limited we are committed to preserving the privacy of our customers and visitors to this website.
When we collect personal information
3. We ask for personal information from you in a number of circumstances:
- 3.1 when you make a travel booking with us or purchase any other product or service from us - whether online or through our customer service team
- 3.2 when you contact us to discuss a booking or make use of our online check-in or booking management services
- 3.3 when you register for our loyalty programme or subscribe to our e-mail notification service or enter competitions or register for promotions
- 3.4 when you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback.
- 3.5 when you apply for a job via our careers website, or through any other method.
Why we collect personal information
4. We collect personal information to help us deliver an effective service as follows:
- 4.1 to fulfil any existing and/or future travel booking you make with us including necessary reservation, payment and ticketing arrangements and administration associated with the travel arrangements (exceptionally this may include sensitive personal data, for example relating to your health or disabilities) and you recognise that, by providing us with such sensitive personal data, you give your explicit consent to us to process such data for the purposes set out in this policy;
- 4.2 to provide any other product or service you have purchased from us;
- 4.3 to deal with any queries or requests you have regarding your booking and manage any amendments you may wish to make to travel arrangements or changes we need to advise you about;
- 4.4 to fulfil security, customs, immigration and border control requirements associated with your reservation which may include providing information to the police and appropriate government agencies;
- 4.5 to make information available to appropriate third parties where necessary in the event of an emergency;
- 4.6 to provide you with information about products, services and promotions that may be of interest to you unless you have asked us not to contact you;
- 4.7 to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- 4.8 for quality assurance testing, market analysis, systems testing, analysis of statistics, benchmarking, auditing and performance measures (which may include monitoring or recording your telephone conversations with us for the purposes set out herein).
Our approach to direct marketing
5. We may contact you from time to time to provide you with information which we think you may find of interest. We may also pass on your details to other members of Dart Group plc so that they can tell you about products or services which may be of interest to you.
Contact may be made by post, telephone, email or social media unless you have indicated in the appropriate section of the registration process that you do not wish to receive this information.
You can contact us at any time to remove your details from our marketing database by visiting our 'unsubscribe' page or write to the following address: PO Box 304, Whitehouse Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS19 9DY. Please give your name, postal address details and your email address.
When we may disclose information to third parties
6. We may disclose personal information to third parties including other members of our group (including Jet2holidays Limited and any other subsidiary of our holding company, Dart Group PLC), credit card companies, airlines and third party suppliers in connection with the purposes explained above.
We may disclose personal information as part of due legal process and as otherwise permitted or required by law. Some of these third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area.
7. If we sell, assign or transfer the assets of our business, or if our business is merged, or enters into a joint venture with another business entity, we reserve the right to sell or transfer the databases maintained by us (including any personal information provided by you).
8. We employ security measures to protect the information provided by you from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Cookies and IP addresess
9. Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilises a standard technology to collect information about how our website is used by individual computers connected to the internet. Information is gathered through cookies and Web server logs which allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you.
Accessing your information
11. Individuals are entitled to see a copy of the personal information that we have collected and maintain about them. If you wish to do this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with these details.
Special Notice for Customers Travelling to the United States of America
12. Passengers making reservations to destinations in the United States of America should note that in accordance with an International Agreement between the European Union and the United States, we are required to transfer to the US Department of Homeland Security ("DHS") certain travel and reservation data about passengers flying between the European Union and the United States of America.
US authorities use this information for preventing and combating terrorism and other transnational serious crimes. For further information about the way in which the DHS uses this data please see : www.dhs.gov and this PDF.
13. All comments, queries and other requests relating to our use of personal information should be sent by post to the Customer Service team at Jet2.com Limited, Customer Care Team, PO Box 314, Leeds, LS19 9FY, England.