Top Tips before Travel
Follow our top baggage tips for a smooth journey:
- Label each piece of baggage with your name, flight number, and phone number.
- Please ensure your baggage is strong and fit for purpose, to protect the contents and to withstand the normal baggage handling process. Soft sided cases and handles, wheels and locks can be particularly vulnerable.
- Never pack cash, valuable items, perishable goods, important documents or essential medications in your checked baggage.
- Always carry any cigarettes and tobacco within your hand luggage.
- When purchasing alcohol to take to your destination, don't forget to check the current airport security restrictions on carrying liquids as hand luggage. Glass bottles packed in hold baggage may break and plastic bottles can split causing damage to both your own and other customers' belongings and are therefore carried entirely at your own risk.
- Jet2.com makes great efforts to ensure all luggage is handled with care, but you should know that Jet2.com'sliability for loss, delay or damage to baggage is limited. We do not accept liability for fragile, valuable, perishable articles or baggage, which are packed in damaged or unsuitable containers. Jet2.com also does not accept responsibility for damage caused by fair wear and tear, where baggage is not fit for purpose, or replacement of ‘designer’ luggage. We strongly recommend that all customers have adequate travel insurance cover before their journey.
- Lock your baggage and ensure all pockets and zips are fully secured.
- At check-in, each item of checked baggage will be given a destination tag showing your flight number. Do not get rid of your checked baggage receipts (if given) until you pick up all checked baggage at your destination airport. Never carry unidentified items on behalf of other people.
- Take care when claiming your baggage at your destination, as many suitcases look the same. It is best to always check the name on the baggage tag. You must contact the Jet2.com team at the airport (or our handling agents) immediately if your baggage is damaged or has not arrived. Irregularities must be reported immediately as claims cannot be processed once you leave the airport. Staff will help you to complete a Property Irregularity Report Form.