It is your responsibility to make sure you have cleared airport security in time to arrive at the departure gate. There are restrictions for certain items that may be taken through airport security and onto aircraft – find out more about these restrictions.
Electronic items, such as laptops, mobile phones, and iPads, will need to be removed from any hand luggage and shown separately at the security search point.
Liquid, Aerosols, and Gels
There are restrictions on the amount of liquids, aerosols, and gels that you can take in your hand luggage, and we recommend you pack liquids in your hold baggage where possible. If you need to take liquids through airport security in your hand luggage, please note the following points:
- containers must hold no more than 100ml
- containers must be in a single, transparent, resealable plastic bag, which holds no more than a litre and measures approximately 20cm x 20cm
- contents must fit comfortably inside the bag, so it can be sealed
- the bag must not be knotted or tied at the top
- you’re limited to one plastic bag per person
- you must show the bag at the airport security point
Please be aware bottles and packaging may need to be opened during screening by airport security.