Home Page / FAQs

Search our FAQs

Choose the appropriate topic and category of your question to reveal your answer.

1. Choose a topic

2. Choose a category

3. Answer


Travel Document Requirements
For international flights, you must present a valid passport or national ID card.

For domestic flights, you must present valid photographic identification. We recommend that you travel with a passport on these flights, but we will accept one of the following documents providing it has a photograph and is valid on the date of travel:

  • Citizen Card
  • Driving licence
  • Student ID card (international, National Union of Students or University/College ID)
  • Armed forces ID card
  • Police warrant card/badge
  • Airport employee’s security ID pass
  • Government issued ID card
  • Official Company ID card
  • Electoral ID card (EIC issued to eligible N Ireland citizens)
  • UK Council issued bus pass (Senior Citizens only)
  • Fire Arms certificate

Passport Validity
Please always check foreign travel advice in plenty of time to ensure your passport is valid for travel.

For destinations within the European Union, you can check a passport for travel to Europe.

For non-EU destinations, for example Turkey, New York, and Montenegro, you can navigate to your destination to find the relevant advice.

Lost / Stolen Passports
In accordance with Border Force requirements, all international passengers must present a valid passport or national ID card for travel.

If you are at home and discover that you have misplaced your passport, you will need to order a new one before you can travel.

If you are abroad and your passport is lost/stolen, you must report the loss at the nearest police station and get a police report. Take the police report to the nearest Embassy or Consulate to get an Emergency Travel Document, which will allow you to travel home.

Getting a replacement passport or Emergency Travel Document may take some time, and you may need to consider rearranging your travel plans. Please contact our Call Centre if this is the case, but note that charges will be applicable.

The Facts
  • If you are at home, you’ll need to order a new passport before you travel.
  • If you are abroad, you’ll need to get a police report and take this to the nearest embassy or consulate to get an Emergency Travel Document.

Visa and Passport Requirements

Depending on your nationality, you may need a visa to travel to/from some countries. Please make sure you obtain any necessary visas before your journey. All non-EU citizens will need to undergo a ‘Visa Check’ in order to ensure that any required visas are both present and valid; please show your travel document to a member of staff at either the airport check-in or sales desks prior to clearing airport security in order to receive the necessary clearance to travel.

British citizens must have a paper or electronic visa for travel to the following Jet2.com destinations:

CountryAdditional Information

You can apply for an e-Visa online before you travel, when you visit the official Turkish e-Visa website. We recommend that you carry a paper copy of your e-Visa, or make sure that you have an electronic copy to show the immigration authorities on arrival if requested.

British citizens can currently get a multiple entry visitor visa on arrival at any port of entry upon payment of £20 in cash (Scottish and Northern Irish currency is not accepted). However, the visa on arrival service is likely to be phased out soon, so we recommend that you always apply for the e-visa online.

Your passport must also be valid for at least six months from the date you enter Turkey, and must have a full blank page for entry and exit stamps.

Find out more about entry into Turkey.

United States of AmericaAnyone travelling to the USA must hold the appropriate visa, if required, or if entering under the Visa Waiver Program must have been granted authorisation through ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization). You can apply for an ETSA online.