What liquids can I carry with me in my hand luggage when travelling from an EU airport?
Limited amounts of liquid will be allowed through the security search point provided that:
- It is in a container with a capacity no greater than 100ml.
- It is carried within one transparent, re-sealable plastic bag with a capacity not exceeding 1 litre; the dimensions for which must not exceed 20cm x 20cm (8” x 8”).
- The contents of the plastic bag must fit comfortably and the bag must be completely closed.
- The plastic bag must be carried separately from hand baggage.
- The person is responsible for providing their own plastic bag. Plastic bags that do not meet the correct criteria will not be allowed.
- Cosmetics, gels, pastes, lotions, liquid/solid mixtures and the contents of pressurised containers, e.g. toothpaste, hair gel, drinks, soups, syrups, perfume, deodorant, shaving foam, aerosols etc.
- Essential medicines in liquid form sufficient for the trip as long as they are verified authentic.
- Baby milk/food sufficient and essential for the trip (the contents of each bottle or jar must be tasted by the accompanying person).
- Duty free items over 100ml in a sealed security bag - The item and the receipt must remain sealed inside the security bag provided at the time of purchase.
- Medicines & special dietary products, such as baby food vital for the trip. You may be asked for a medical letter or proof of authenticity.
- Please be aware bottles and packaging may need to be opened during screening by airport security.
Further information can be found at www.dft.gov.uk