It is a year since we announced that we were launching flights and holidays from Birmingham Airport.
Since going on sale in July 2016 we have got off to a flying start in every sense, with customers across the region taking to our family friendly ethos, great value package holidays and award-winning customer service.
This success has allowed us to add more flights & holidays to more destinations on more aircraft, and the figures show how far we have come.
Back when we announced that we were going on sale at Birmingham Airport, we put 15 summer sun destinations on sale for Summer 17. We have more than doubled that, and today we have 35 destinations on the map from Birmingham.
This includes enormous growth for Summer 18, when we will fly to 14 new hotspots (meaning we will operate to 29 destinations in total). Our new destinations for Summer 18 are: Antalya, Costa de Almeria, Larnaca (Cyprus), Kos, Krakow, Halkidiki (exclusive), Madeira, Malta, Naples, Pisa, Prague, Rome, Split, Zante.
This hugely expanded Summer 18 programme means we have 350,000 additional seats on sale, a 59% capacity increase. To handle this growth we are bringing in two brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft meaning will operate six aircraft from Birmingham Airport next summer.
It is not just about the summer season. We have launched our first ever winter flights and holidays programme from Birmingham Airport for 2017/18 too. During the winter we will fly to a total of 19 destinations, with a fantastic range of winter warmers, city breaks and ski destinations to choose from. We also have two of our famous New York Shopping Trips on sale from the airport.
More than 200 jobs have been created as a result of this operation and since our first flights in March this year, our brilliant team have been looking after customers to make sure that they experience our family friendly formula and award-winning service.
This brilliant team has been extremely busy too. Since going on sale, we have sold well over half a million seats and 150,000 package holidays from Birmingham Airport. With up to 57 weekly flights at peak times this summer, the many thousands of customers travelling with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays are in good hands at Birmingham Airport.
It has been a fantastic first year since launching at Birmingham Airport. We have come a long way and we are looking forward to many more years of success.
Key programme information: Birmingham Airport
- 35 destinations in total
- 15 destinations in total including: Alicante, Crete (Heraklion), Faro, Fuerteventura, Girona, Gran Canaria, Ibiza, Lanzarote, Majorca, Malaga, Menorca, Paphos, Reus, Rhodes, Tenerife.
- 19 destinations in total
- Winter Sun: Alicante, Faro, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Madeira, Majorca, Malaga, Paphos, Tenerife
- City breaks: Krakow, Prague, Rome, Vienna plus New York shopping trips
- Ski: Grenoble, Geneva, Salzburg and Turin
- 29 destinations in total including: Alicante, Antalya, Costa de Almeria, Crete (Heraklion), Faro, Fuerteventura, Girona, Gran Canaria, Ibiza, Larnaca, Lanzarote, Kos, Krakow, Halkidiki (exclusive), Madeira, Malta, Majorca, Malaga, Menorca, Naples, Paphos, Pisa, Prague, Reus, Rhodes, Rome, Split, Tenerife, Zante.