On the back of strong and continued demand from UK holidaymakers looking to get away, Jet2CityBreaks has expanded its product range and is launching city breaks to Funchal in Madeira, with packages available from 1st November 2021.
A range of 3 to 5-star hotels are on sale to Madeira’s largest city through Jet2CityBreaks for Winter 21/22 and Summer 22 from nine UK bases (Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle), giving customers and independent travel agents even more choice when it comes to enjoying a city break this coming winter or next summer. The launch of city breaks adds to the company’s popular flights and holidays programme to Madeira.
Customers can take their pick from a selection of quality accommodation, with a range of types of board basis available, which are all conveniently located close to the city centre and provide the perfect base for which to explore and experience Madeira’s 500-year-old capital.
As well as a choice of hotels, city break packages with the UK’s largest operator of European city breaks includes ATOL protection, award-winning flights with Jet2.com, 22kg hold luggage and 10kg free cabin baggage, as well as transfers to and from the airport – all available for a low £60 per person booking deposit. The company’s VIP customer service has seen Jet2.com repeatedly win high-profile accolades such as Which? Recommended Provider and TripAdvisor’s Best Airline – UK and Top 10 Airlines of the World.
Perched on a hill along the Garden Island’s southern coastline, Funchal is considered to be one of the most beautiful cities in Portugal. Customers will be charmed by Funchal’s flawless mix of old and new, serving up colourful gardens, cobbled old streets, modern shopping malls, stylish clubs, and a cosmopolitan marina.
In the day, holidaymakers can spend time exploring the cobbled streets of Funchal’s Old Town and the many shops and museums it offers. Come nightfall, Funchal comes alive and has plenty of bars and clubs scattered all over the city, which provide plenty of options when it comes to drinking, dancing, or just relaxing with friends.
The full Jet2CityBreaks programme to Funchal for Winter 21/22 and Summer 22 is as follows:
- Birmingham – weekly Monday services available to Funchal year-round and an additional Friday flight in Winter 21/22, offers plenty of choice and flexibility when it comes to exploring the city.
- Bristol – city break packages available on a Monday year-round starting from 1st November from the company’s newest base.
- East Midlands – holidaymakers will be able to enjoy a city break to Funchal year-round, thanks to weekly Monday services.
- Edinburgh – weekly Monday packages available to Funchal from 1st November, means customers in Scotland can discover the delights of Funchal.
- Glasgow – city break packages available every Monday, gives holidaymakers in the region chance to explore Madeira’s capital.
- Leeds Bradford – weekly Sunday services available year-round to Funchal, means customers in the region can enjoy a city break to the capital of Madeira this winter or next summer.
- London Stansted – twice-weekly services (Monday and Friday) provides plenty of opportunity for customers to enjoy a city break to Funchal.
- Manchester – twice-weekly services (Monday and Friday) operate year-round and an additional Saturday flight in Winter 21/22, means customers in the North West can pick from a long weekend or a mid-week break to Funchal.
- Newcastle – weekly Monday services available with Jet2CityBreaks to Funchal year-round.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays: “We are continuing to see huge demand for Winter 21/22 and Summer 22, so we are adding Funchal to our Jet2CityBreaks offering to give customers and independent travel agents even greater choice. The stunning city with its traditional Portuguese architecture, cosmopolitan dining and shopping scene and lively nightlife, means it has an endless list of attractions and experiences to keep everyone entertained. With a fantastic choice of flights and hotels on sale from nine of our UK bases for Winter 21/22 and Summer 22, we know that the addition of Funchal to our city breaks portfolio will be welcome news to holidaymakers looking to get away. It also expands our Madeira programme even further, adding to our already popular programme of flights and package holidays.”
Nuno Vale, Executive Director, Madeira Promotion Bureau said: “We are delighted to see Funchal joining the Jet2Citybreaks portfolio. Funchal with its great climate all year round, and cultural and lifestyle vibe, is a perfect escape for a short break. Jet2.com is an enthusiastic partner of Madeira island and knows like no one the potential of the destination. This will be a further opportunity for all those that are loyal to the island and want to return several times during the year, as it is for those who want to explore Funchal and the surrounding for the first time, having in mind a future longer stay. We are sure that Jet2.com customers will be delighted with this extended offer. We look forward to receiving Jet2CityBreaks customers this winter.”