Where is Crete?
Crete is a Greek island that lies to the south-east of the mainland of Greece. It is part of the Aegean Islands and is situated in the Aegean Sea.
How long is the flight from UK to Crete?
- Birmingham to Crete – 4 hours 5 minutes
- East Midlands to Crete – 4 hours 10 minutes
- Edinburgh to Crete – 4 hours 25 minutes
- Glasgow to Crete – 4 hours 25 minutes
- Leeds Bradford to Crete – 4 hours 10 minutes
- London Stansted to Crete – 4 hours 5 minutes
- Manchester to Crete – 4 hours 20 minutes
- Newcastle to Crete – 4 hours 15 minutes
How many airports does Crete have?
Crete has three airports, based in Heraklion (Nikos Kazantzakis Airport), Chania (Ioannis Daskalogiannis Airport) and Sitia. Heraklion Airport is located near the central northern coastline of the island, while Chania Airport is located on near the northwestern coastline. Find out more about Heraklion Airport, or find out more about Chania Airport.
How far is Heraklion Airport from central Crete?
Heraklion Airport is around 60km from the centre of the island.