Jet2.com has been recognised as a Which? Recommended Provider once again, marking the fourth consecutive year that the UK’s largest consumer organisation has awarded uswith this prestigious accolade.
The recognition comes on the back of the annual Which? Travel Annual Airline Survey, which once again puts us way ahead of other airlines including easyJet, TUI, British Airways and Ryanair.
The survey, completed by more than 6,500 Which? members, asked holidaymakers to rate their airline experiences after travelling. An overall customer score was then compiled based on a range of factors including punctuality, boarding, cabin environment, seat comfort, customer service, food and drink, and value for money.
Enjoying our highest-ever overall customer score (79%, up from 75% last year), Jet2.comscored consistently well on all factors, with our customer service, cabin environment, value for money and punctuality singled out for praise in particular.
This is the latest in a long line of accolades that we have received for consistently delivering first-class customer service and quality.
Just last month, we won Short-Haul Airline of the Year at the Telegraph Travel Awards and we also scooped five awards at the 2019 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards earlier this year (Best Airline – UK, Best Airline – Europe, Best Low Cost Airline – Europe, Best Economy Class – Europe and Top 10 Airlines of the World). In July, Jet2.com was also recognised as the top airline and top transport company in the UK Customer Satisfaction Index, which is produced by the Institute of Customer Service.
These successes come on the back of another year of investing in our operation, as well as on customer service and delivering our family friendly formula. Examples include:
- Taking delivery of the last of 34 brand new Boeing 737-800NG aircraft into our fleet. In Summer 20, Jet2.com will operate more than 110 aircraft.
- Increasing the number of daily and multiple weekly flights to our destinations, enabling customers to enjoy holidays of any duration, an industry-leading move pioneered by Jet2holidays a decade ago.
- Adding more new destinations in response to customer demand. Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will operate to ten brand new summer destinations in 2020, including six in Greece. The new destinations are: Tivat (Montenegro), Lisbon, Innsbruck, Zadar (Croatia),Santorini, Preveza, Mykonos, Lesvos, Peloponnese and Skiathos.
- Investing in, and growing, our UK based call centre, which has industry-leading response times.
- Hiring more customer helpers & check-in staff at airports, as well as customer helpers in resorts.
- Growing our free Free Resort Flight Check-In© service which allows customers at selected hotels to securely check-in their bags at their hotel on the last day of their holiday.
- Investing significantly in our website and trade team meaning we offer easy, fast to book flights and holidays for customers and independent travel agents.
- Launching a brand-new product called VIBE by Jet2holidays which targets ‘millennial mindset’ holidaymakers who want to experience much more than a typical ‘18-30s’ holiday overseas.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We are very proud to be recognised as a Which? Recommended Provider for the fourth year running, and we are delighted to have increased our already impressive customer score. This accolade is based on the views of thousands of paying customers, and what they have said – very clearly – is that Jet2.com is their favourite holiday airline. We are very grateful to customers for this feedback, and we will continue working as hard as ever to treat every single customer like a VIP, so that they book with us time and time again, and so that we remain well ahead of the competition.”