With holidaymakers making the most of travel returning to normal and booking getaways in their numbers, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays are offering customers even more assurance, as their travel insurance product has once again been rated 5 Star by Defaqto.
The 5 Star Rating from Defaqto, an independent information and ratings business, means Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ travel insurance product is one of the most comprehensive on the market and offers customers the highest level of protection against the unexpected while on holiday.
As well as providing cancellation and medical cover, the award-winning airline and tour operator’s travel insurance product also provides cover for Covid-19, giving customers extra peace of mind ahead of their well-deserved holidays.
To receive the top 5 Star Rating, insurance products must meet with a core criteria as defined by Defaqto’s team of analysts, with only the most extensive of travel insurance policies being awarded the highest quality rating.
Defaqto’s analysts independently research and analyse more than 43,000 UK financial products and funds, ensuring their ratings are always relevant and up to date. For insurance products, experts from Defaqto scrutinise the level of protection that different policies provide and award each policy with a rating from 1-5 Stars based on the quality and comprehensiveness of cover.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ 5 Star Defaqto rated travel insurance product includes the following:
- Cancellation cover should a customer or another individual on the booking contract Covid-19 before they travel
- Cover if a customer or another individual on the booking is contacted by NHS Test and Trace and advised to self-isolate up to 14 days before travel
- Cover for medical costs and additional accommodation/travel expenses if a customer contracts Covid-19 whilst abroad
- Cover for a customer to extend their stay if they contract Covid-19 whilst abroad
- Cover if the Foreign Office (FCDO) travel advice changes as a result of Covid-19 both before a customer travels and in destination (single trip policies only)
- Up to £10 million medical, £5,000 cancellation and £2,000 baggage cover
- Free cover for children with every adult policy purchased
By booking this policy at the same time as a flight or holiday, all of the above cover is included in just a few clicks. Full details on the policy can be found at: https://www.jet2.com/flights/insurance and https://www.jet2holidays.com/insurance
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “With travel returning to normal, we are seeing strong demand coming back for all seasons as customers make the most of being able to enjoy a much-needed holiday. That said, we know our customers want extra reassurance and more flexibility when it comes to booking and travelling. We are delighted that our insurance product has been awarded the top rating for another year by Defaqto, as it means we can offer our customers the best protection and reassurance. Our rating makes our policy one of the most comprehensive on the market and in just a few simple clicks, customers can be safe in the knowledge that they are properly protected against the unexpected.”
Terms and conditions apply.