Jet2.com has today announced further expansion at London Stansted Airport for Summer 23, with an extra aircraft coming into operation at the base after the company secured additional slots to support its ongoing growth.
The addition of a 15th based aircraft enables Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, the UK’s leading tour operator to the Mediterranean, to add flights and holidays to a huge number of sun-soaked destinations across the Balearics, Croatia, Greece and Turkey, giving customers and independent travel agents even more choice and flexibility.
This expansion means that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will now operate over 225 weekly flights to 42 destinations from London Stansted Airport in Summer 23.
With over 2.1 million seats now on sale from London Stansted Airport in Summer 23, this represents a capacity increase of more than 10% compared to Summer 22. As a result of today’s announcement, Jet2.com will increase the size of its fleet at London Stansted Airport next summer to 15 based aircraft, rising to 16 based aircraft for the peak summer holiday period.
As a result of today’s expansion, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will increase capacity to 11 destinations, meaning customers and independent travel agents can be as flexible as they like when it comes to choosing the length of the holiday. The additional flights will operate to:
- Balearic Islands – Ibiza, Majorca
- Croatia – Dubrovnik and Split.
- Greece – Corfu, Crete (Chania), Crete (Heraklion), Kos, Kefalonia, and Rhodes.
- Turkey – Dalaman.
As well as operating its biggest ever summer programme from London Stansted Airport in 2023, next summer will also see Jet2.com and Jet2holidays operate to two brand new city break destinations from the base - Rome and Athens.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “This expansion is the latest demonstration of our continued commitment to investing in our London Stansted operations. Earlier this year we celebrated five years since the launch of flights and holidays from London Stansted, and since day one the reaction from customers and independent travel agents has been incredible. We are all set for our biggest ever Summer from London Stansted Airport, and the addition of a 15th based aircraft enables us to take even more customers away on our award-winning package holidays and flights, whilst giving them more choice than ever before.”
Key Summer Sun facts for 2023 from London Stansted Airport include:
- 42 sun and city destinations on sale (peak number of flights per week in brackets).
- Includes BRAND-NEW city break destinations – Rome and Athens
- Antalya (11), Bodrum (4), Dalaman (13), Izmir (2), Tenerife (14), Lanzarote (8), Fuerteventura (5), Gran Canaria (5), Reus (3), Alicante (7), Malaga (6), Girona (2), Palma (Majorca) (20), Ibiza (10), Menorca (8), Faro (Algarve) (11), Madeira (2), Crete (Heraklion) (10), Crete (Chania) (3), Corfu (8), Kefalonia (6), Skiathos (4), Santorini (3), Kos (7), Kalamata (1), Preveza (2), Lesvos (1), Rhodes (9), Halkidiki (2), Zante (5), Larnaca (5), Paphos (6), Rome (4), Naples (2), Sicily (1), Sardinia (1), Verona (1), Dubrovnik (5), Split (4), Malta (2), Jersey (1), Athens (2).
- Over 225 departing weekly flights during peak periods.
- A 15th based aircraft coming into operation for Summer 23.